SITRA’s most awaited publication – the 8th Edition of “SITRA Norms” is planned to be released during the month of July, 2019 during SITRA’s Technological Conference. This revised edition, like the previous ones, will provide the combined norms for Quality & Waste, Productivity as well as General Norms that includes energy and costs among others (for cotton only).
Based on the analysis of data received from mills and after extensive discussions and expert confabulations, revisions have been done on many of the norms given in the previous editions by taking into consideration the technological developments that have taken place in the process machinery. Certain sections have also been newly introduced in this edition.
What’s different in this edition :
- Comber and its preparatory machines are included in HOK calculation and accordingly the conversion factors are being arrived at (Operatives engaged in the above departments were not included while arriving at the conversion factors till the previous edition).
- In automatic cone winding department, ancillary operatives have been considered for HOK estimation (Up till the previous edition, HOK was provided only for the tenter category).
What’s new :
- As present day quality requirements are customer driven, Avant-garde method of grading quality levels has been introduced in place of the practice followed in previous editions of classifying quality levels as “Good”, “Average” and ‘Poor”. Four percentile levels are given with quality levels suggested at 5 percentile points specifically be helpful for mills achieving superior quality using richer raw material.
- Standard HOK has been provided for a ultra modern spinning mill having latest generation machines with high level of automations.
- Prediction formulas are given for yarn contraction for different count ranges with varying TM’s, which were arrived at based on extensive studies carried out at SITRA on the yarn contraction levels for different level of TM’s and different spindle speeds.
SITRA is pleased to offer the publication at a flat Introductory Discount offer of Rs.750/- for those placing pre-orders. Pre-orders are accepted up to 25th July, 2019 and will be made available to buyers after its release at SITRA’s Technological Conference on 31st July, 2019. Buyers pre-ordering have the option of picking up the book directly at SITRA on the day of Conference or receive it by courier during the week of its release.